Terms & conditions
Celebration Cakes (not by mail order)
- Two weeks’ notice is normally required for a celebration cake; however, Bespoke Bakery can, on occasion, work to shorter deadlines, contact us if your time is short.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25 percent of the total price is required at the time of ordering. This amount will be deducted from the final balance. The balance is due on or before collection.
- Cakes must be paid for in full before they are released from our premises.
- When an order is accepted with fewer than 14 days’ notice of collection/delivery, full payment is due immediately.
- Payment may be made by cash or debit/credit card. We do not accept cheques.
- No order is confirmed until a deposit or full payment has been received.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure sufficient care of the cake during transportation as Bespoke Bakery takes no responsibility for damage caused to the cake once it has left our premises.
- Occasionally, for certain designs, it is necessary to include inedible items such as food-grade plastic supports or wired sugar flowers. Bespoke Bakery will alert the customer to the presence of these items, but it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all such items are removed from the cake before it is served.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to book a wedding cake. This amount will be deducted from the final balance. The final balance is payable no less than 6 weeks before the collection/delivery date. Bespoke Bakery reserves the right to cancel any order not paid for by the due date.
- Although we appreciate that the circumstances may be beyond the customer’s control, in the case of a wedding cancellation, the deposit for a wedding cake is non-refundable. Wedding cakes orders that are cancelled within 8 weeks of the delivery/collection date will be payable in full.
- Where an order is accepted with less than eight weeks notice, the full balance is payable on booking.
- If the customer chooses to collect the wedding cake from Bespoke Bakery, the cake(s) will be supplied in boxes with all pillars, ornaments, or other such decoration as ordered, but Bespoke Bakery takes no responsibility for the items once they have left our premises.
- Wedding cakes may contain inedible items such as plastic pillars, dowels, or ornaments containing wires, or plastic posy picks. These items must be removed from the cake before it is served and care must be taken when cutting to ensure that these are not served.
- When fabric swatches have been supplied for colour matching, Bespoke Bakery will make every effort to match colours as required. However, Bespoke Bakery cannot guarantee that the colours will match exactly.
- Payment may be made by cash or credit/debit card. We do not accept cheques.
- Bespoke Bakery offers a delivery and set up service for our wedding cakes. This service is free within a 10-mile radius of our premises. For delivery outside of this area a delivery charge will apply. Free delivery and set up does not apply to budget or DIY wedding cakes as these are for collection only.
- In the rare event of non-production or non-delivery of a cake due to circumstances truly beyond our control (force majeure), Bespoke Bakery’s liability shall be limited to the amount paid to Bespoke Bakery for the cake.
- Bespoke Bakery accepts no responsibility for anything that may happen to the cake once it has been set up at your venue.
- If hiring one of Bespoke Bakery’s cake stands, a deposit is payable that is refundable on the safe return of the stand. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange for someone to return the stand to us within four working days. If the stand is not returned within the stated timeframe, or if the stand is lost or damaged in any way, the deposit will not be refunded.
Cakes by Post
- The customer’s debit/credit card will be charged, in full, when the customer places an order online through our website.
- The customer will be asked to choose a specific delivery date for the order. Bespoke Bakery will strive to arrange delivery for that day, but cannot accept liability for late delivery as Bespoke Bakery has no control over that process once the cake is in the hands of the carrier.
- Bespoke Bakery strongly advises that the customer chooses a delivery date at least one day earlier than the cake is needed to allow for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Bespoke Bakery cannot arrange delivery for Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, or the day after a public holiday.
- Bespoke Bakery cannot deliver cakes outside of the UK or to the following locations:
- Channel Islands
- Scottish Highlands and Islands
- Scottish postcodes classed as remote
- Isle of Wight
- Isle of Man
- Isles of Scilly
- Northern Ireland
Any orders received for delivery to these areas will be cancelled and refunded in full.
- Delivery will be made at any time between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., and a signature will be required.
- If delivery is attempted and the carrier is unable to deliver as requested, a card will be left with details of how to arrange redelivery or collection from the carrier’s local collection office. The responsibility lies with the customer to arrange redelivery or collection. Bespoke Bakery cannot accept any liability for late delivery, loss, damage, or returns.
- When placing an order, the customer may request that the parcel is left with a neighbour or in a safe place, in which case, it will be left at the customer’s own risk.
- Bespoke Bakery requires a contact telephone number for the recipient in case of any problems with the delivery, but cannot arrange for the recipient to be contacted prior to delivery.
- If the cake does not arrive within the timeframes described above, contact Bespoke Bakery immediately. Bespoke Bakery may be able to track the progress of your delivery, but can only contact the carriers between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays.
- Bespoke Bakery packages cakes carefully to ensure that they arrive in good condition. In the rare event that an item appears to have been damaged in transit, notify Bespoke Bakery within 24 hours of receipt, or the next working day. Any replacement products, refunds, or compensation will be considered and may be granted at the discretion of Bespoke Bakery but only in the rare event that an item is damaged beyond reasonable use. We require photographic evidence of any damage; this must include the original packaging.
- Bespoke Bakery will only deliver to the address that the customer provides. If that address is incomplete or incorrect in any way, Bespoke Bakery accepts no liability for late delivery or non-delivery. The customer is responsible for any redirection charges that may be incurred.
- If a cake is returned to Bespoke Bakery by the carrier after an unsuccessful delivery attempt, the customer is responsible for any additional charges for the return.
- In the unlikely event that a cake is lost in transit, notify Bespoke Bakery within 48 hours of expected delivery. If the cake cannot be traced and is confirmed by the carriers as lost, the customer may be compensated up to a maximum of the price paid for the cake, at Bespoke Bakery’s discretion.
Refunds & Cancellations
- In the rare event that you are not completely satisfied with a purchase that you made from Bespoke Bakery, you may return the item. When sending back any item, the customer is responsible for the goods until Bespoke Bakery receives them. If you need to return a cake to Bespoke Bakery, send it by some form of recorded delivery. Bespoke Bakery will not consider refunds for returned cakes that are lost in transit.
- If the customer is unhappy with a product for any reason, they should contact Bespoke Bakery as soon as possible at email@example.com or phone 01256 363154 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- As Bespoke Bakery’s cakes and other edible products are made to order and personalised to the customers’ specifications, orders cannot be cancelled once the item has been made. However, should the customer wish to change or cancel their order at any time, contact Bespoke Bakery immediately and we will do our best to meet your needs.
- Bespoke Bakery may decline to accept an order for any reason. We may also cancel any order or part thereof. Other than as set out in these terms, Bespoke Bakery shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, which the customer or a third party may suffer by reason of us declining or cancelling your order.
- Bespoke Bakery will contact the customer by email or telephone within 48 hours if an order or part thereof is cancelled.
Images & Copyright
- Do not send Bespoke Bakery any images or any other material, or any content within such images, which contain any threatening, defamatory, blasphemous, or pornographic material, or show any kind of child abuse, or are racially offensive or abusive of any religion, or likely to incite hatred against any person or group, or are otherwise criminal or offensive in the minds of reasonable people, or are obscene or menacing or harassing in any way, or breach any applicable law.
- Only send Bespoke Bakery images for which you own copyright (or for which you are authorised to send to us by the copyright owner) and you warrant that none of the images contain anything which would infringe any copyright, trademark, design right, or other intellectual property right of any third party. We will not check the content of any images provided by you. However, if we believe any image does not comply with these terms, Bespoke Bakery reserves the right to refuse to use it, without any obligation or liability to the customer. Bespoke Bakery will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone sending any material in breach of these terms.
- Images sent to Bespoke Bakery remain under the existing copyright. By sending Bespoke Bakery an image, you are granting Bespoke Bakery a licence to modify, print, or otherwise use the image in accordance with the details of your order. By placing an order and accepting these terms, the customer accepts any and all liability for any consequences of Bespoke Bakery using the images you supply.
- For companies, organisations, and cake decorators providing corporate logos or trademarked images: It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any material supplied in any medium is not protected by any copyright law, or that any necessary permission for Bespoke Bakery to reproduce such images has been obtained.
- Bespoke Bakery reserves the right to photograph cakes that we supply to customers, including those decorated with a logo or other artwork supplied by said customers. Bespoke Bakery reserves the right to display these images on our website or other advertising media, unless specifically requested by the customer not to do so.
- Bespoke Bakery’s working days are Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays in the UK.
- Bespoke Bakery shall not be held liable for any consequential loss to the customer, whether this arises from breach of contract or any other way.
- Bespoke Bakery’s total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the price paid by the customer for the goods supplied.
- Product images used on our website or other media are for general illustration purposes only; therefore, the delivered product may vary from that shown.
- The customer’s statutory rights are not affected by any statement contained in this document or on our website.
- English law applies to all transactions.
- No employee of Bespoke Bakery is authorised to waive or amend our terms and conditions.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that any information supplied on this website about Bespoke Bakery and its products is correct, Bespoke Bakery will not be held liable for any errors or omissions.
- By placing an order with Bespoke Bakery, either through our website, over the telephone, or by any other medium, you are agreeing to these terms.